[Mich-listers] Blue Grosbeak continues--25 June 2011, Cass County

Allen T. Chartier amazilia1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 08:39:19 EDT 2011

Birders,

My schedule did not allow me to look for this bird until early afternoon
Saturday (June 25), but it was on site when we were there from 1:00 - 1:30
p.m. For most of the time it was not visible, but quite audible, as it sang
from the south side of Wells Street (Pokagon Twp.) across from the first
house (under construction), which is maybe 50-75 yards east of the railroad
tracks. It moved northeast of there, near the second house east, for a few
minutes. Eventually it showed itself in the shrubs and sumac trees on the
north side of the road, immediately adjacent and east of the tracks, then
flew to the sumacs on the south side of the road, continuing to sing the
entire time.

Two Dickcissels were also singing from the field south of Wells east of the
railroad tracks.

A reminder that it is illegal (and completely unnecessary) to walk onto the
railroad right-of-way.

Allen T. Chartier
amazilia1(at)comcast.net
Inkster, Michigan, USA