[Mich-listers] Reeve @ Pt. Mouillee SGA - 02 Jun 2011 - pics

Jerry Jourdan jourdaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:23:37 EDT 2011

Andy Dettling and I were down at Pt. Mouillee this morning between 8 - 9
am.  Andy found a REEVE (female Ruff) along the east shore of Cell 3.
The bird was somewhat spooky, as we rode from west dike to east dike to west
dike to east dike before finally getting a couple of long-distance
digiscoped images.
A PEREGRINE FALCON snatched a Dunlin from the mudflats, which has all of the
shorebirds extremely spooked...

The pair of RED-NECKED PHALAROPES were also present in Cell 3.

We were unable to relocate the Whimbrel seen by David Boone, yesterday.

I've posted a few pics on my digiscoping blog, and will replace them with
cleaner images when I get home from work this evening.

Congratulations, Andy - worth the BIGBY ride this morning!

Jerry Jourdan

http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com/2011/06/reeve-pt-mouillee-sga-02-jun-2011.html