[Mich-listers] Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird, Kent Co, 27 Dec

Caleb Putnam caleb.putnam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:19:19 EST 2011

All-

Sue McClelland of Lowell (Kent Co.) is currently hosting a Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird at her feeder. The bird may have been present as early as August or September.  I spoke with Sue after seeing the bird a short time ago and she is comfortable with visitors so long as they call first. She will give you instructions for arranging a visit.

The bird comes into the feeder approximately every 15 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer, and can be skittish. Viewing is possible from the driveway behind the gate, but Sue will advise on exactly what to do.

Sue's phone is (616) 897-4236 and address is 306 N. West St in Lowell. Please exercise the normal courtesies and consolidate visits if possible to limit disturbance.

Good luck if you try! I will post photos to  the ebird checklist and possibly my blog (aviantendencies.blogspot.com) later today.

Good Birding,
Caleb Putnam

Sent from my iPhone