[Mich-listers] NO Slaty-backed Gull, Dec 20

Louie Dombroski louie_dombroski at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 23:57:36 EST 2011

Several people looked for the Slaty-backed Gull at the Republic Landfill in northern Bay County earlier today, December 20. As of 12:30 in the afternoon, when I left (along with some other birders who'd been there since early morning), it had not yet been sighted. There were still many Herring Gulls there, though during the hour and a half I was there, I didn't think the numbers were as great as late last week when the Slaty-backed was present. There were a few Great Black-backed Gulls and one observer told me there had been as many as 12 Glaucous Gulls present earlier in the morning.

Louie Dombroski