[Mich-listers] Bay Co. Slaty-backed Gull

Karl Overman martineoverman at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 14 17:20:58 EST 2011

Today Paul Berrigan and I saw the apparent Slaty-backed Gull at the Republic Whitefeather landfill in extreme northern Bay County as previously reported by Joe Soehnel.  The bird was first found on Monday, December 12th by Dan Duso.  Paul and I saw the bird around 10:30 am this morning.  It was never close enough to get portrait quality photos but the photos I did get are instructive.  They can be seen at:

http://web.me.com/karloverman/Site/North_American_Birds__rails_thru_Jaegers/Pages/Slaty-backed_Gull.html

Cheers,

Karl Overman
Farmington Hills, Michigan