[Mich-listers] 4 Purple Sandpipers, Red-necked Grebe-Muskegon Pier

Jeffrey Timmer burtonownz_06 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 15:03:13 EST 2011

This morning from 10:00-11:00 a.m. I had four very tame Purple Sandpipers at Pere Marquette Park in Muskegon. All four were before "the elbow" on the north side of the south pier. I also had a late Red-necked Grebe on the calm water between the breakwalls feeding along the north breakwall. In a group of gulls along Pere Marquette Beach, there were three adult Great Black Backed Gulls, one juvenile, and two adult Glaucous Gulls.