[Mich-listers] FW: Swallow-tailed Kite on Ely Road near Pellston Airport, Emmet County

Caleb Putnam larus10 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:55:37 EDT 2009

Forwarding from UP Birdnet...
From: kc4dwt at lighthouse.net
To: birdnet at upbirders.org
Subject: Swallow-tailed Kite on Ely Road near Pellston Airport, Emmet County
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:50:35 -0400

This is Betty Maxson in Paradise.  I had a
phone call around 3:00pm today from David Kirschke, a birder from Nashville,
Tenn.  He was on his way north and was birding along Ely Road which runs
along the north side of the Pellston Airport when he saw a Swallow-tailed
Kite.  The bird was about a mile in from US 31, near Orchard Lane in a
field on the right side of Ely Rd., near a field with a lot of
Bob-O-Links.  Incidently Ely is a great birding Road, along the entire
length of it.  David's cell phone is (423) 914-0840.  I'm passing this
info along to anyone who might want to chase this bird.  Wish I could join
you, but I work tomorrow too.

Betty Maxson
kc4dwt at lighthouse.net
(906) 492-3459