Mich-listers Lark Sparrow in Barry Co

Santner, Steven santners at karmanos.org
Mon Jun 1 09:13:31 EDT 2009

	All:

	Darlene Friedman, Scott Jenex, and I (Steve Santner) did some
county listing yesterday in Barry Co and refound the Lark Sparrow that
Bruce Robertson originally located.  It is on Bowens Mills Rd about one
half mile east of Yankee Springs Rd on the eastern edge of Barry SGA.
The bird was singing in a field containing a few low isolated trees
between a cornfield and a house on the south side of the road.  It could
easily be heard from the road. The owner of the house allowed us to walk
into the field for a better look - I would check with him before doing
this on your own.  Also in Barry SGA were at least 6 Hooded Warblers
(various locations) and 2-3 Black-throated Green Warblers.

	Steve Santner