Franklin's Gull at Portage Lake in Washtenaw County at 4:50 PM Thursday

ddarm at ddarm at
Thu Nov 13 18:18:54 EST 2008

Ron Gamble and I had good looks at this bird from the bricked driveway
north of the bridge on Dexter Pinckney Road.  However, we were able to
pick it out in the gull group (50+ of Ring-billeds and Bonaparte's)
when we were searching from the yacht club, a much safer spot,though
farther from the gulls. You will need a scope to see this bird well.
I did not find a Franklin's at Pleasant Lake at 3:30PM. Only
Ring-billed Gulls.

Deaver D. Armstrong
City Ornithologist
Natural Area Preservation Division
City of Ann Arbor Department Park Operations
1831 Traver Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105