Harris sparrow and Neotropic cormorant Ottawa County

Francke francke at charter.net
Thu May 8 18:37:10 EDT 2008

About 5 pm today (Thursday), I relocated the Harris sparrow at the previously reported location on Harbor Island in Grand Haven.  The bird was feeding in the mowed lawn next to the small island of trees.  Nice adult bird.  Thanks to Bonnie Kot for that find.

Sounds like Dave Pavlik and Lyle Hamilton found the cormorant today.  I plan to be at the end of the Grand Haven south pier by 7 am Friday if anyone wants to join me to help look for the bird.  I can only stay about an hour.

Chip Francke