2nd hand possible Yellow-crowned Night-Heron, Musekgon Co., 24 Apr

Caleb Putnam larus10 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:39:33 EDT 2008

Birders-Just noticed the following posting from the Muskegon County Nature Club sightings board (http://members.tm.net/mcnc/Recent%20Sightings/Recent%20Sightings.htm).  I have not seen this bird, nor can I verify its identity, nor have I spoken with anyone who can.  I have no idea if it was seen today (25 Apr) or whether anyone looked.  So, chase at your own risk!

April 24:
  At 8:00 p.m. Paul Gillan saw an adult-plumaged
  ** Yellow-crowned Night-heron ** in the city
  of Muskegon on the railing of the bike path where it crosses Ruddiman Creek.
  This would be a bit northeast of where Addison Street tees into Lake Shore Drive.
Good Birding,
Caleb Putnam

Caleb G Putnam
Grand Rapids, MI