WPBO - Jaegers, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, and more

Tom Auer mthomasauer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:53:57 EDT 2006

Birders,

The point has been productive for Jaegers in the past few days. We've
had six Jaegers in the past three days. Monday had a dark juvenile
PARASITIC JAEGER that cruised right down the beach, as well as pair of
distant individuals. Yesterday, we had another bird fly right down the beach
during mid-morning, but as an intermediate juvenile it was too difficult to
determine exact species. Finally, today saw a pair of Jaegers, one distant,
while the other caught us quite by surprise, coming the wrong way up the
beach. This bird was a small light-morph individual, but the views were too
quick to make any claims as to species. Monday had a fair movement of
RED-NECKED GREBES, with over 500. However, we're still behind for the year
and there are many more to come. Yesterday, one BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER
showed up on the beach in the afternoon and today two appeared around the
same time of the day. Today, a juvenile SORA was working the second pond
throughout the day.

If you want to keep an eye on daily totals and summaries, check out
wpbo.blogspot.com

Tom Auer
Fall WPBO Waterbird Counter