Willet(s)--Berrien--27-28 June

Jonathan Wuepper wuepperj at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:29:51 EDT 2005

Hello,

At least 1 WILLET has been haninging around the Lake Michigan Shoreline at
Warren Dunes State Park, south of Bridgman in Berrien County. On June 27th,
Rex Hubbard again saw 1 WILLET on the north part of the park, and on June
28th, Brad Anderson photographed 1 WILLET, on the beach, at mouth of
Tanner's Creek. I don't know time of day of these sightings, but I'd guess
mid-morning to early or mid-afternoon. Personally, I have seen realatively
large flocks of WILLETS (16, not this year) at this location, during hottest
part of day (2pm-5pm). This area has minimal foot traffic compared with
consession areas (have seen the birds on shore between large groups of
people).

Note: area of interest is in WDSP, its actually closer to Weko Beach, in
Bridgman. There is a $5 fee to enter Weko Beach from May-Aug/Sep).

Good Luck!

Jon Wuepper