Willet - yes, Marbled Godwit - no at Warren Dunes S.P., Berrien county

Kevin Thomas brambling at juno.com
Fri Jun 24 22:25:58 EDT 2005

I ran down to look for these birds this afternoon and found the Willet to
the north of the main beach with the gull flock but the godwit was
nowhere to be found.  I went north all the way to Weko Beach in Bridgeman
and scanned to the south of the main beach as far as I could.  I was at
the state park from 5:00 PM to 6:00.  The Willet was still there when I
left. I also checked the Three Oaks sewage ponds and didn't have anything
there either.  I drove to New Buffalo but the gate was still operational
and I didn't want to pay the $5 parking fee just to check the breakwall.

Kevin Thomas
brambling at juno.com
517-290-3298
Ionia MI