Laughing Gull, Whimbrel at Pt. Mouillee, June 21

Kevin Thomas brambling at juno.com
Wed Jun 22 09:57:36 EDT 2005

June 22, 2005
Yesterday I decided to chase the pelican that has been reported on and
off a Crosswinds Marsh and Pt. Mouillee.  I was unsuccessfully in finding
it but did find an adult Laughing Gull in with a large number of gulls
roosting in cell 3 at Pt. Mouillee.  There were about 800 to 900 gulls in
this unit until some fisherman came along and decided to fish where the
gulls were roosting.  A couple of hundred of the birds came back but I
was unable to find the Laughing Gull again.  Many of the gulls flew off
to the north and south of the area.  There was also a pair of Whimbrel
present in cell 3 and Yellow-headed Blackbirds in the northeast corner of
the lead unit.  After I left Pt. Mouillee, I headed to Hillsdale county
to search for the reported Western Meadowlark, again without success but
I did find 3 Henslow's Sparrows along Tripp Rd between Burt and
Prattville.  Good birding.
Kevin Thomas
brambling at juno.com
517-290-3298