Eurasian Collared Doves, etc--Berrien--update (19 June)

Jonathan Wuepper wuepperj at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 14:30:08 EDT 2005

Hello,

Adam Byrne and I  birded the southwest corner of the state on Sunday, June
19th. Fairly uneventful, but we did check out the previously reported
EURASAIN COLLARED DOVES at Three Oaks in Berrien County. There have been 2
birds present since May that look like "pure' EURASIAN COLLARD DOVES, while
1 bird had been questionable (possble hybrid) as it was missing tail
feathers when initially discovered. Those tail feathers missing in May have
grown back and were seen today....and the 1 bird in question looks like a
hybrid, not a "pure" EC DOVE. To recap: 2 EURASIAN COLLARED DOVES and 1
hybrid DOVE remain present at Three Oaks (village park, corner of Ash and
Elm Streets), as of June 19th.

The previously reported CHUCK-WILL'S-WIDOW was reported on the morning of
June 18th, near Long Lake Road and Jones Road intersection.

2 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS were seen at Three Oaks Sewage Ponds on June 17th.

Good Birding,

Jon Wuepper