Kalamazoo Co. Magnolia Warbler and RFI

Noah Strycker birdboy at bkpix.com
Thu Jun 16 19:11:40 EDT 2005

Hello -

I am a student spending two months this summer at the Kellogg Biological Station
at Gull Lake in southwest Michigan (doing field work on bird nests). I'm
wondering if anyone can help out with a few "target" birds I'd like to see in
the next 2 months. Anyone know of sites for these birds nearby in Kalamazoo or
Barry counties?

Least Bittern
Black-billed Cuckoo
Whip-poor-will
Veery
Golden-winged Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Worm-eating Warbler
Louisiana Waterthrush
Dickcissel
Henslow's Sparrow

Any tips would be appreciated!

And a few local sightings of interest (to me anyway - I hope these are not too
mundane)... Two days ago at the Kellogg Experimental Forest (northeast of
Kalamazoo) a male MAGNOLIA WARBLER was singing next to a HOODED WARBLER - this
seems out of place according to the range maps. A "BREWSTER'S" WARBLER was
there a couple weeks ago. An ALDER FLYCATCHER, a TRUMPETER SWAN, and an ORCHARD
ORIOLE have been at one of our study sites in southwest Barry County recently.

Good birding -

Noah Strycker

--
www.noahstrycker.com