Least Bittern - Lenawee Co

Santner, Steven santners at karmanos.org
Mon Jun 13 12:21:16 EDT 2005

I just realized I forgot to post my Least Bittern from yesterday - probably the most interesting bird of the day!  It was heard only in the cattails at Grassy Lake, in the northcentral part of Lenawee Co, in Onsted SGA.  I heard it repeatedly for about 10 min but was not able to see it.  There was also a Marsh Wren in the immediate area (the only Marsh Wren I had all day) which is where the gravel road crosses the outflow from the lake (sorry I don't remember the name of the road but there's only one road near Grassy Lake - check your Delorme Atlas).

Steve Santner