Chuck-will's-widow, E. Collared-Dove (still) - Berrien - Fri., June 10

Mike Sefton mseft at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 01:59:21 EDT 2005

Birders,
  Sean Bachman, Alec Thanfill and I heard the
previously reported Chuck-will's-widow singing from
True Rd. in Berrien County at 9:45pm tonight.  It was
still calling at 10:15pm when we left.
  The two previously reported Eurasian Collared-Doves
were still present at the park in downtown Three Oaks
at 8:30pm tonight.
  We were unsuccessful in finding the oft reported
Eurasian Collard Dove, a strictly southern species
that exists on an exclusive diet of collard greens.
As it is the only living relative of the extinct
American Turnip-Dove, we were disappointed, though the
Collared-Dove and Chuck were ample rewards for the
trip.

Mike Sefton
Ann Arbor