Snowy Egret, White-rumped Sandpipers, & Olive-sided Flycatchers, Washtenaw County, 6/5

Jacco Gelderloos jjgelderloos at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 14:25:40 EDT 2005

Folks,
Shortly after calling in the Dickcissel on Braun Rd
(see previous posting by Dea Armstrong), I found a
Snowy Egret at the Schneider Rd pond. This pond is
located along Schneider Rd, just north of Pleasant
Lake Rd. This is the second record for Snowy Egret
this year in Washtenaw County, with only 6 or 7 prior
records!
Around 12:30, Mike Sefton called me to report a group
of White-rumped Sandpipers at the Avis Farms office
complex on Ann Arbor's south side. The complex is on
the west side of State Rd, south of Ellsworth Rd. The
pond in question is in the western section of the
complex.
Finally, Roger Wykes called me to report a trio of
Olive-sided Flycatchers, in three separate locations:
the fields of the Sharonville SGA, off Sharon Valley
Rd; along Cassidy Rd in Lyndon Twp; and near Four Mile
Lake. According to Roger, the first and last birds
seemed to be actively on the move, whereas the bird
along Cassidy was in an area that might be conducive
to it staying around.
All in all, not a bad day in our neck of the woods!
Good birding,
Jacco G.