Gtr. White-Fronted Geese, Marq. Co. 9/18

TheOwlRanch at aol.com TheOwlRanch at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 13:31:02 EDT 2004

Howdy Listers,
 While conducted migration surveys yesterday on the Yellow Dog Plains in north Marquette County I was pretty surprised to have a flock of 38 Greater White-fronted Geese fly over me.
The birds (along with 1 Canada Goose) were comprised of mostly adults, about only about 1/3 were youngsters. The location of this sighting was south of the Triple A road just west of the Salmon Trout River. I'm going to search some of the farms and reservoirs later today to see if I can refind the flock. I'll post any success I have later.
In addition to the geese other highlights of yesterdays surveys were 3 Red Crossbills, 1 White-winged Crossbill, 1 Black-Backed Woodpecker and 2 groups of Boreal Chickadees.
While no large numbers of Boreal Chickadees have been seen lately, they have been increasingly regular up on the YD Plains in the last couple of weeks.
Good Birding
  ~Skye Haas