Yellow-crowned Night Heron,Genesee Co (SEEN Sep 16)

Cccta at aol.com Cccta at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 21:33:43 EDT 2004

Listers,
   Tonight, just after 8:00, Sharon Johnson and I saw the juvenile
Yellow-Crowned Night Heron at the previously posted location on Pierson Rd off I-75. In
the fading light the bird flew in from the southeast and circled a couple of
times before disappearing into the trees behind the yard it has been seen in. I
got there at 6:45 and Sharon around 7. She had been there for about a half
hour around noon and seen nothing.

good luck,

Scott Jennex
Ferndale