Townsend's Solitaire, Marq. Co. 10/22

TheOwlRanch at aol.com TheOwlRanch at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 20:03:57 EDT 2004

Good Evening,
 While conducting bird surveys this afternoon, Zach Gayk and I saw a Townsend's Solitaire on the Yellow Dog Plains in Marquette County. The bird was seen in a dense stand of young jackpine near a clear cut along the Triple AAA Road at the intersection of the Clowry Truck Trail. This is a pretty remote area full of nameless dirt two-tracks. If anyone wants detailed directions, feel free to write me back and I will try to point you in the right direction.
Other interesting sightings today on the YD plains include 2 Northern Shrikes, a Spruce Grouse and 2 Rough-legged Hawks.
Good Birding
  ~Skye Haas