great gray owl

Jeff J Chynoweth jjchynoweth at fs.fed.us
Tue Oct 19 08:35:23 EDT 2004

To clarify my directions:  County Road 604 is also known as Curtisville
Road.  After 9 - 10 miles, you would to take a right in order to continue
on Curtisville road (604) - there is a sign just before the turn.  If you
continue on the main road past the intersection, County Road 604 becomes
4001 (a Forest Service numbered road) which passes by the Gabions
campground, crosses the 4001 landing and bridge, and eventually comes to a
T- intersection.  The bird was seen at the intersection of 4001 and
Curtisville roads.  Hope that  helps.  Jefe

             "Cindy Mead"
             <michiganbirder at n
             orthbirding.com>                                           To
                                       <mich-listers at envirolink.org>,
             10/18/2004 06:13          "Jeff J Chynoweth"
             PM                        <jjchynoweth at fs.fed.us>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: great gray owl

my husband and I spent the better part of the day canvassing the area where
the great gray owl had been previously reported ( 'Oscoda County Road 4001'
is marked as a foot trail in some areas- if better directions are available
I would appreciate them). We were unable to relocate the owl.

Cindy Mead, Lupton MI