WPBO Pacific Loons

Hawkowls at aol.com Hawkowls at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 22:21:02 EDT 2004

     Today at the waterbird count Karl Bardon had 2 breeding plumage Pacific Loons, they occured roughly 4 hours apart. We had great looks as they both flew low over the lake, relatively close to shore.
     The Cackling Goose split is becoming of more and more impact up here. We have had over 100 so far this season. There have been up to 18 in mixed flocks and we had one pure flock of 41. We have also had a single and a pair on the ground.
      Other sightings this week have been Arctic Tern, 2 Great Black-backed Gulls and a male Black-backed Woodpecker, which has been seen 3 times this week.
      Chris Neri