King Eider, Harlequin Duck; Port Huron 11/25

TheOwlRanch at aol.com TheOwlRanch at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 15:39:58 EST 2004

Howdy Listers,
 Well today I give thanks that a King Eider has stuck around long enough for
me to see it. I had the female eider for about 2 hours this afternoon,
floating down the St. Clair River and flying back into the lake repeatly. I watched
the bird mostly from Lighthose Park but also saw it from the Bridge View.   I
also had two basic plumaged Harlequin Ducks fly out of the river into the lake,
all 3 Scoter species and a 2nd winter Glaucous Gull.
Good Birding
    ~Skye Haas