Thayer's Gull, Marquette Co. 11/5

TheOwlRanch at aol.com TheOwlRanch at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 18:36:02 EST 2004

Howdy Listers,
 While doing my daily check of the Marquette waterfront this afternoon, I had a pale 1st winter Thayer's Gull. The bird was located on the old docking pylons in the Lower Harbor. This is a location that frequantly holds gulls in the late afternoon(though not nearly as many as the Munising Harbor where there are currently a couple thousand gulls hanging out) The best vantage point is from the north side of the harbor looking south from Matteson Park.
Good Birding
  ~Skye Haas