A Birder's Guide to Michigan

Allen Chartier amazilia1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 10:25:01 EST 2004

Birders,

On behalf of Jerry Ziarno and I, I am proud (and relieved) to announce that
A Birder's Guide to Michigan, which we've been working on with the
publisher, the American Birding Association (ABA) over the past 4 years, is
at the printer and will be shipped in 3-4 weeks.  At more than 680 pages,
the Guide contains information on well over 200 birding sites throughout the
state, more than 200 maps, detailed Bar Graphs for seasonal and regional
occurrence and distribution, a summary of Casual and Accidental species,
information for finding more than 100 of Michigan's "Specialties", and lists
of the state's mammals, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, dragonflies, and
orchids, maps of Michigan's general vegetation types and land forms, a
number of line drawings by Michigan artists, and cover photos by Michigan
photographers.  This guide was created with the hard work and assistance of
many co-authors and other helpers, who are gratefully acknowledged in the
Guide as well as here.

The book will be available in many local bookstores and nature centers
throughout the state, as well as from ABA Sales.  I believe the list price
is $28.95 USD plus shipping.  For ABA Sales, go to: www.americanbirding.org.

Allen Chartier
amazilia1 at comcast.net
1442 West River Park Drive