Prairie Warbler, Leelanau County

Robert Epstein RobEpp at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 19:20:14 EDT 2004

Sorry for the late post...was out of town.  This past weekend, John and Char Ester, and my wife, Jan and I saw a singing male Prairie Warbler in Leelanau County.  Take County Road 669 north until it ends at Lake Michigan Dr. (an unpaved road), turn right (east), and take that to the end.  The bird was seen near the rest rooms, looking toward the dunes.  We saw 17 different warblers in Benzie and Leelanau Counties over the weekend including: Canada, Blackburnian, Mourning and Golden-winged.

Robert Epstein