Willet at Pointe Mouillee SGA, Monroe Co. on 13 June 2004

Adam Byrne byrnea at msu.edu
Mon Jun 14 21:28:24 EDT 2004

Greetings,

    Sorry for the late post.  Yesterday, Glenn Belyea, Scott Jennex, Tex Wells, and I birded Pointe Mouillee SGA (waterbird totals listed below).  The lone highlight was a rather vocal Willet seen in flight over the Huron River.  There is very, very little shorebird habitat at this time - we found only 20 individual shorebirds (15 Killdeer, 1 Willet, 2 Spotted Sandpiper, and 2 Dunlin).  There was also a Black Swan in the Lead Unit.

Good birding,

Adam M. Byrne

10    Pied-billed Grebe
24    Double-crested Cormorant