Lapeer Northern Goshawk

Luke Redmond luk916 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 22:11:45 EST 2004

I apologize for the late posting, I haven't had email access for a couple of
days.  On Sunday while taking the garbage out at my parents' house I saw an
immature Northern Goshawk in the driveway.  This is in Lapeer County a
couple miles north of Lapeer.  First time I've seen this species in my
parents yard.  It was feeding on a small songbird and when it flew away I
checked out the pile of feathers left behind to determine what it's meal was
but was unable to arrive at an exact id, besides some feathers all I found
was a leg.  It looked like a sparrow.  I haven't seen it since, but if
anyone wants to look we live on Flint River Rd. which is off of Millville
Road.  Good birding.
Luke Redmond