Iceland Gull at Grace Lake, Wayne Co. - 12/14/04

Allen Chartier amazilia1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 13:22:23 EST 2004

Birders,

The body of water in Van Buren Twp., Wayne County, formerly known as the
"Tyler Road pond" now bears an official name of Grace Lake, according to
signs and maps in the Visteon complex that surrounds it.

Today, Dec. 14, just before noon, I found an adult Iceland (Kumlein's) Gull
among the nearly 1000 gulls present here.  There was also an adult Lesser
Black-backed Gull and about a dozen Great Black-backed Gulls.  Very few
gulls were at the Woodland Meadows Landfill to the north, and not much on
Edison Lake to the south.

>From I-94 take Haggerty Road north about 1 mile to Tyler Road.  Turn right
(east) and go about 1/2 mile to the Visteon entrance on the left.  Bear to
the right and find a place to park with a view of the "lake".

Allen Chartier
amazilia1 at comcast.net
1442 West River Park Drive
Inkster, MI  48141