Berrien Snowy Update

Jonathan Wuepper wuepperj at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:39:43 EST 2004

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, the SNOWY OWL, reported from the
Linco--Scottdale Road area of BERRIEN COUNTY, was last seen on Saturday, 11
Dec.

I was birding with Dave Vinnedge on Sunday (12 Dec), and we looked for the
owl for a considerable amount of time, without success. We came across Rick
Brigham, and about 3-4 other cars, all of whom were looking for the owl---we
all struck out (I received no emails or phone calls from birders claiming
relocation.). Dave and I were guessing that due to the high winds, the owl
was perhaps keeping down low out of sight.

Dave and I managed to see 2 BLACK SCOTERS, off the Pier Road overlook at
Lakeside, Sunday morning.