Harlequin Duck, Gulls; Marq. Co. 12/10

TheOwlRanch at aol.com TheOwlRanch at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 18:10:47 EST 2004

Greetings,
 While checking out Marquette's lower harbor this afternoon, I had a female Harlequin Duck fly in off the lake. This was viewed from Matteson Park. However at dusk she flew off towards the breakwall where I lost her. If the breakwall is safe to walk out on, check there first.
There was a large flock of gulls in the lower harbor tonight with a 1st winter Grt. Black-back, a 1st winter Thayer's Gull and 2 Glaucous Gulls (1st & 2nd winter) being seen.
I also had about 10 Bohemian Waxwings on Lincoln St. south of NMU campus.
Good Birding
  ~Skye Haas