[Mich-chat] Help ID/ing this bird

Diane Constable oakwoodfcr at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 18:01:00 EDT 2011

Thanks folks! What a list-I must have had 1/2 dozen emails properly id/ing this bird as a spotted sandpiper within 10 minutes of my post!

Diane Constable
oakwood flatcoats

"I will make a palace fit for you and me
of green days in forest and blue days at seas."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Saw flying above and on the banks of Watkins/Thorn lake in Jackson County SE Michigan this past Saturday
About the size of a large robin-I am not good on my shorebird id/s!
Thanks!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oakwoodfcr/5658735639/in/photostream