Help in ID

brighamr at freeway.net brighamr at freeway.net
Mon Nov 17 00:27:40 EST 2008

All,

I will obviously be checking the area for this bird
tomorrow. I got word from Mike Overway tonight that he was birding this
location Sat at 11:30am, but did not see the ibis. There are a number of
wet depressions in the vicinity that I will be looking over as well. This
is less than 1 mile south of where the 3 White-faced and single Glossy
were photographed May 7 this year on the Kalamazoo River.

Rick
Brigham
Douglas

> Rick and Mich-chatters,
>
> Sena has sent me the photo, and in my opinion it is clearly an
ibis, either Glossy or White-faced. The bird is not close enough in the
photo
> be identifiable to species, but hopefully it can
be refound and
> photographed at close range. Quite an amazing
bird to be in Michigan in November!

> Allen T.
Chartier
> amazilia1 at comcast.net
> Inkster, Michigan,
USA

Website: www.amazilia.net
www.amazilia.net/MIHummerNet
> Blog:
http://mihummingbirdguy.blogspot.com

Every day, the hummingbird eats its own weight in food.
> You may
wonder how it weighs the food.
> It doesn't. It just eats another
hummingbird.