AR-News: (US-me) Lobster Liberation Front Communique #1

animalconcerns at fastmail.us animalconcerns at fastmail.us
Tue Jul 6 07:14:28 EDT 2004

[from Infoshop News]

Earlier today, hundreds of our brothers and sisters in the struggle
sacrificed their lives in an attack against the Governor's House. We
demand a halt to the proposed Liquid Natural Gas port and pipeline. Our
sacrifice is only the first taste of the ecological carnage that will
follow if the proposed LNG project is continued. Since the human
"governor" of Maine has the final decision on whether this horrible
project can go through, we targeted his meagerly defended home.
Meanwhile his so-called “security” could do nothing but crawl into their
cars and watch.
Deep in his pampered quarters, the red-handed "governor" smelled the
foul stench of lobster death. This is only the beginning. Be warned: if
(as we DEMAND!) LNG in Maine, in the US, on Earth; isn't stopped dead
now, our struggle will escalate accordingly. No-one involved in the LNG
project will be safe from lobster vengeance.
No Compromise in Defense of our Ocean Death to Transnational Capitalism
All Power to the Crusty Crustraceans Long Live the Lobster Liberation
Front! Lobstaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

full story:
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=04/07/05/9770017

*** NEWS recently added on Animalconcerns -- added throughout the day
without posting to e-mail lists!  (Looking for something to post to your
e-mail lists?):

Some zoos say elephants aren't fit for captivity Zoo elephants may need
more room to roam - Chicago Sun Times

Pakistan Allowing Cruel Bear Sport: Activists - OneWorld

Divorcing couples fight like cats and dogs for pet custody - Chicago
Tribune

'Cruelty-free' accolade for Co-op - Co-Operative News

Your decision is life or death for some animals - Chicago Sun Times

Council defends feral cat bounty - ABC Regional Online

Lobster Liberation Front Communique #1 - Infoshop News

Topless PETA activists protest Pamplona's bull run - Chicago Sun Times

Growing skepticism to whaling in Iceland: poll - Agence France-Presse

Animal Cruelty Charges - KPLC-TV

Nude protesters demand end to bull run - Reuters

Topless protesters march against bullfighting - AP

Manhunt For Suspect In Police Shooting - WJZ

Stray dogs tear apart 5-year-old at Govandi - Times of India

Willard law makes some cats outlaws - Columbia Daily Tribune

Japan will not immediately halt blanket testing for BSE - Kyodo News

Shannon Larratt Q&A - BME

Your Portal to Animal Concerns Forum (discussion board), More News Headlines, AR-News on the Web, Events, E-Mail Lists, Jobs, and Organizations! Try searching for the news item on Animalconcerns! http://www.animalconcerns.org/