AR-News: IMPORTANT - SHOULD CANCER PATIENTS DRINK MILK

סמדר rumsiki at netvision.net.il
Sun Jun 6 12:44:48 EDT 2004

      Subject:  - - SHOULD CANCER PATIENTS DRINK MILK?

      Dear Friends,

      What do I do on Saturday evenings?

      Some of my neighbors go out to dinner.
      Others go to the movies or stay
      home watching television. Not me.

      Saturday night is reserved for reading
      scientific journals. The secret of happiness
      is making one's work your hobby, and one's
      hobby your work.

      Yeah, I know, all work and no play make
      Robert a dull boy. During the course of
      an average week, I make hundreds of phone
      calls, and lecture at colleges, high schools,
      churches, and various organizations. I read
      a dozen or so books, hundreds of papers from
      dozens of journals.

      Sometimes, I unearth a gem.

      The March-April issue of Oncology Reports
      (9, 2: 397-403) contains an in-vitro study that
      observed the growth rates of breast cancer cellsfrom women who had been treated with radiation therapy. Scientists (Langeland Marthinsen, et. al) measured the effects of growth hormones on growth and radiation sensitivity.

      Let us take one giant step backwards together,
      and allow me to explain the meaning and significance of this powerful study.

      There are hundreds of millions of different proteins in nature, and only one hormone (that I am aware of) that is identical between any two species of mammal.
      That potent growth hormone is insulin-like growth factor, or IGF-I. IGF-I survives digestion and has been identified as the key factor in breast cancer's growth.

      IGF-I is identical in human and cow.

      If you believe that breast feeding "works" to protect lactoferrins and immunoglobulins from digestion (and benefit the nursing infant), you must also recognize that milk is a hormonal delivery system. By drinking cow's milk, one delivers IGF-I in a bioactive form to the body's cells. When IGF-I from cow's milk alights upon an existing cancer, it sends a signal to a tumor:grow!

      Although we naturally produce IGF-I, that same hormone contained in cow's milk is protected by encapsulation within tiny fat molecules and the clumping together of
      casein, so that cow IGF-I is not readily broken down.

      In reviewing the mechanisms of IGF-I, the journal
      Science (vol. 249, August 24, 1990) determined
      something of great consequence to all humans.
      Two FDA scientists (Judy Juskevich & Greg Guyer)
      revealed:
      "Human Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) and
      bovine IGF-I are identical. Both contain 70
      amino acids in the identical sequence."

      Hundreds of studies have identified IGF-I as the key factor in the growth of every human cancer.
      The earliest reference I found to IGF-I and breast cancer was a 1991 study by Lippman, in which this conclusion was made:
      "IGF-I is critically involved in the aberrant
      growth of human breast cancer cells."

      In other words, dairy industry scientists and
      government health regulators and bureaucrats
      have known about the key factor to breast cancer for more than a decade.

      The shame of it all is that this is more than
      just a crime of deceit. This is a national tragedy,for there is a cure for cancer. Upon identifying the key factor in cancer's growth, one must exercise the good sense of practicing prevention.

      Radiation therapy is often used in the treatment of breast cancer patients.

      This new scientific study exposed irradiated breast cancer cells to IGF-I. Scientists confirmed that when IGF-I was removed from cultures of breast cancer cells, the cellular growth was "significantly decreased."

      Breast cancer cell doubling time was dependent upon the presense of human or bovine IGF-I. They are both exactly the same.

      In the experiment, variations in radiation therapy were
      minor. The scientists may not even recognize the significance of their finding. Cellular cancer doubling time may very well be influenced by every glass of milk, spoonful of yogurt, or bite of cheese taken by breast cancer patients.

      This ultimate irony documents a crime against woman-kind.
      The scientists know.
      The dairy industry knows.
      The Food and Drug Administration knows.
      Now, you know too.
      Does your cousin, aunt, grandmother, sister,
      mother, and neighbor know? This secret has been
      kept from them. Can you make the difference
      and alert them to the truth?

      The subject of this column is:

      Should cancer patients drink milk?

      Powerful growth hormones contained in the
      healthiest milk from the healthiest cows
      overcome any of man's therapies, performing
      efficiently the task for which they were
      designed. These growth hormones send a
      message to cancers: Grow.

      Robert Cohen
      http://www.notmilk.com