AR-News: (UK) Lawyers ready to act against live export protesters

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 22:36:46 EDT 2004

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1091610.htm

ABC News Online

The Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) has instructed its lawyers to take
action against any new attempt by animal liberationists to disrupt the live
export trade from the Port of Portland in the south-west of the State.
About 40 protesters are in Portland today to try to block the arrival of a
live export ship, although police say the ship is not expected to dock today.
Simon Ramsay, from the VFF's livestock group, says the industry is ready to
take immediate legal action against any attempt to stop exports from Portland.
'We were made aware on the weekend that there most likely would be some
protest action this week from Animal Liberation Victoria and we spent the weekend
making sure we have a range of contingencies in place to make sure that those
people don't impede the loading of any live export vessel," he said.

for the news items that Animalconcerns volunteers have entered on the site go
to the Animalconcerns.org main page and click on "More News Headlines."

"True human goodness, in all its purity and freedom, can come to fore only
when its recipient has no power. Mankind's true moral test, its fundamental test
(which lies deeply buried from view), consists of its attitude towards those
who are at its mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a
fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it."

Milo Kundera