AR-News: (US MI) Kerry recipe could solve dove debate

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 12:36:16 EDT 2004

April 6, 2004
BY ERIC SHARP
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST
With the dove hunting bill once again mired in the morass of state politics,
here's another small piece of advice for Gov. Jennifer Granholm. Since you
seem to agree with the people who can't understand why anyone would want to hunt
doves, why not ask someone you obviously admire, and who once gave this
description of how he prepares these tasty birds?
"You clean them. Let them hang. It takes three or four birds to have a meal.
You might eat it at a picnic cold-roasted. I love doves."
The speaker? John Kerry, the Democratic presidential candidate you endorsed
and were hugging when he passed through Michigan a few weeks ago. Kerry is an
enthusiastic dove hunter. He also hunts quail, pheasants, deer and waterfowl.
The above quote comes from an interview he did with the Washington Post.
The dove bill passed the state Senate last week, but it was returned to the
House for concurrence before it could go to the governor for her signature.
Granholm has said she will veto any bill that doesn't include a referendum next
fall in which voters could decide whether we should hunt the birds in Michigan.

full story:

http://www.freep.com/sports/outdoors/eric6_20040406.htm