AR-News: Watchdog Today 3/29/04 -- we look at vivisection. 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern)

Karen Dawn KarenDawn at
Mon Mar 29 08:33:18 EST 2004

Today, Monday March 29, on KPFK's "Watchdog" we look at vivisection. Our
guests in the studio will be:

Kevin Jonas, spokesperson for SHAC, the "Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty"
campaign against Huntingdon Life Sciences

Dr Ray Greek -- head of Americans For Medical Advancement. He is the author
of various books critical of the waste of money and energy on bad science,
i.e. animal testing.

Joining us on the phone from New York:

Lawrence Carter-Long. He was, literally, the poster boy for cerebral palsy
research. He is now an anti-vivisection activist.

Watchdog is produced by Janee Taylor and hosted by Karen Dawn. It airs
Mondays at 2pm on KPFK, the Pacifica station at 90.7 FM in Los Angeles and
San Diego, and 98.7 in Santa Barbara.
If you are not in range you can listen live on line at 2pm US Pacific Time,
5pm Eastern:

We will take callers and would love your participation. The call-in number
is: (818) 985-5735
That's (818) 985 KPFK

Listen if you can, and please send comments to Watchdog at . (I send a
huge thank you to those who already have.)
Watchdog is a 13 week series. Positive feedback will make it more likely
that Pacifica will eventually put an animal issues series on the air

Thanks to Ted Vegvari and PVNET ( ) you can now listen
on line to shows you wanted to hear but missed. To find the shows go to and click on the "Watchdog" link, or go straight

The first four shows of the series are up there now, and today's show should
be available by tomorrow morning.