AR-News: (AU) Nepal in worst of four worlds

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 21:47:58 EST 2004

I stood in the temple's forecourt, my bare feet mired in mud and blood, for
Kali requires sacrifices; specifically, the blood of uncastrated male animals.
And for more than an hour I watched a parade of animals have their throats cut
open. The butchers held each terrified, dying animal aloft, and swayed it to
and fro, with one hand on its body and the other beneath its chin so that the
neck wound gaped open. Sliced jugular veins sprayed steaming blood over a row
of stone statues of Kali and other gods.

full story:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/25/1079939785191.html