AR-News: (US MI) A big 'thanks' to all who helped

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 15:36:00 EST 2004

By Dr. ERIC HEITMAN

We've been inundated with phone calls regarding the litter of puppies rescued
from a Holland Heights neighborhood, and they will all go to good homes. I'd
like to take a minute to thank a few folks who have so far gone unmentioned.
When Macy was first found, she had reverted back to her natural feral (wild)
instincts, compounded by her strong natural maternal drive. As a result, she
was very fearful and aggressive. In fact no one could get within three feet of
her before she reacted aggressively.
Thankfully, Deb and Jim Scanzillo from Companion School for Dogs came to the
rescue. Not only the best dog trainers in town, but also the bravest! Deb
crawled on her stomach into the den, to retrieve the pups one by one. Since no one
else could even get close to them, had it not been for Deb, I'm not sure we'd
have been able to help much in the first place. In addition, Deb and Jim have
offered free grooming and behavioral assessments for Macy. They deserve a big
round of applause!

full story:

http://www.thehollandsentinel.net/stories/031204/loc_031204013.shtml