AR-News: (US-pa) Meat comes as option in family meals, thanks to vegetarian's father

Animalconcerns info at animalconcerns.org
Wed Feb 18 15:05:38 EST 2004

[from Erie Times-News]

When your oldest daughter and firstborn child decides to become a
vegetarian, what do you do? Try to talk her out of it? Treat it like a
teenage phase and hope she'll outgrow it? Or do you kiss the steaks goodbye?

If you're Tom Potter, you do what every dad who loves to cook for his
family would do: You find a way to support your child and keep her healthy
without changing everyone else's eating patterns — or at least something
close to that.

Potter has been the official cook in his family ever since his children
were young and his wife, Patty, went back to work.

"Because I'm self-employed in the construction business, I've always had
the ability to adjust my schedule to be home with the kids. That's when I
started preparing dinner, and Patty discovered I could cook," he explained.
RHONDA SCHEMBER and LYNN CLINT are freelance writers and home economists.
Send questions, comments or story ideas to them in care of the Lifestyle
Department, Erie Times-News, 205 W. 12th St., Erie, PA 16534; by fax at
870-1808; or by e-mail at features at timesnews.com.

full story:
http://goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040218/LIFESTYLES04/102180285

Your Portal to Animal Concerns Forum (discussion board), More News
Headlines, AR-News on the Web, Events, E-Mail Lists, Jobs, and
Organizations! Try searching for the news item on Animalconcerns!
http://www.animalconcerns.org/