AR-News: (US) The Veterinary Profession Evolves Again Through Changing Focus on Preventiv

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 04:52:55 EST 2004

The increasing popularity of wellness care for pets has been a wonderful
thing for both families and the veterinary medical profession. But there are
plenty of doctors that simply don’t want to join a corporate practice or who just
can’t integrate the existing insurance plans into their patient base. And there
are literally millions of pet owners who simply don’t want to switch from
their trusted, local veterinarian to a corporate practice that offers insurance
or a wellness plan.
Fort Worth, Texas (PRWEB) January 6, 2004--In recent years two powerful
forces have brought rapid change to the veterinary profession: the emergence of
large regional and even national veterinary practices and the growing popularity
of so-called “wellness” or preventive health care plans for pets. An
increasingly large percentage of pet owners have either switched to a large practice
that offers a wellness plan or have reallocated their pet health dollars from “
reactive” care to an actual insurance policy offered through their local
doctor.

full story:

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/1/emw97009.htm

My choice for fashion: compassion ... They need it more than we do."
          /\  /\