AR-News: (US IL) Homeless animals get a helping hand

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 20:33:21 EST 2004

Petfinder is praised by MEHS
Thousands of homeless animals in Illinois now have an even better chance of
being adopted thanks to the more than 200 animal shelters and placement groups
registered with Petfinder.com, the world's largest virtual animal shelter. The
site can be accessed at www.petfinder.com.
Currently, there are 207 shelters and animal placement groups in Illinois
registered with Petfinder.com that potential pet parents can check out as they
search for the perfect pet.
Petfinder.com was created in 1996 by Jared and Betsy Saul, a New Jersey
couple who made a New Year's resolution to help homeless animals. This combined
with a realization that the Internet possessed huge potential for spreading the
word about homeless pets led to the founding of the Web site.

full story:

http://www.goedwardsville.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=2291&dept_id=473648&newsid=107
52718&PAG=461&rfi=9

My choice for fashion: compassion ... They need it more than we do."
          /\  /\