AR-News: (US PA) Owego man arrested, faces cruelty to animal charges

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 12:05:46 EST 2004

OWEGO -- An Owego man was arrested for failure to provide proper food and
sustenance to his dog.
According to officials from Stray Haven Humane Society and SPCA Inc., Jess
Short, 20, of 63 Liberty St., was charged with one count of torturing and
injuring animals -- failure to provide proper sustenance under Agriculture and
Markets Law 353.
Stray Haven officials noted that this charge is a Class A misdemeanor which
is punishable by no more than one year in jail and a fine of not more than
$1,000 upon conviction.

full story:
http://www.eveningtimes.com/articles/2004/01/03/news/news6.txt

My choice for fashion: compassion ... They need it more than we do."
          /\  /\