AR-News: Internship Position: SARA Diversity Project Coordinator

Patrick Kwan pkwan at defendanimals.org
Mon Dec 29 12:34:31 EST 2003

Student Animal Rights Alliance
Diversity Project Coordinator Internship

The Student Animal Rights Alliance (http://www.defendanimals.org) is
looking for a motivated student intern interested in joining our growing
grassroots organization to lead our efforts in building racial and
ethnic diversity in the animal rights movement through our new Diversity
Project.

All work can be done over the computer and with some phone calls, and it
is assumed that this position will be filled by a current student who is
not necessarily located near our office in New York City. In other
words, you can do this from anywhere with a computer and access to the
internet!

Hours are flexible for this unpaid internship position, and will be
spread over the entire course of the week, with a minimum commitment of
5 to 10 hours per week for 3 months. Duration of the project may be
extended under mutual agreement. Work-study and class credit may be
arranged.

The Student Animal Rights Alliance is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization dedicated to youth mobilization, education, and leadership
development to build a strong and diverse youth movement for animal
protection. The Diversity Project Coordinator will:

1) Lead the development of the Diversity Project and build support and
awareness of our work to build racial and ethnic diversity in the animal
rights movement.

2) Work in concert with the Executive Director and our advisors to
engage other animal protection organizations in the production and use
of our action guide to build diversity.

More specifically, the Diversity Project Coordinator will:

- Create and carry out an outreach plan for the Diversity Project.

- Assist with the production of the Diversity Project's action guide by
compiling materials, developing content, and conducting research and
consultations with our advisors.

- Act as the primary contact for the Diversity Project.

Qualifications:

- Exceptional writing and communication skills.

- Friendly and outgoing personality; sense of humor greatly desired.  :)

- Ability to work independently, perform multiple tasks, and represent
the organization in a professional manner.

- Commitment to our mission, veganism, and animal rights and other
social justice issues.

TO APPLY:

APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 30, 2004

Please send a résumé and cover letter describing your commitment to
animal rights and interest in building diversity in the animal rights
movement by email to info at defendanimals.org or by postal mail to:

Student Animal Rights Alliance
P.O. Box 932
New York, NY 10013-0864

212-696-7911  info at defendanimals.org
www.defendanimals.org

Every living, feeling creature deserves
the right to live free from torture,
mutilation, slaughter, and exploitation.
- Defend Animal Rights -