AR-News: 12/25 I need help setting up mad cow talks

Michael Greger, M.D. mhg1 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 25 21:51:04 EST 2003

I'm considering dropping everything I'm doing and committing to an
emergency whirlwind national speaking tour in January given the
current mad cow crisis. I'm hoping to hit all the major cities. I'm
thinking some kind of major "town meeting" kind of public forums in
which I'd invite the cattlemen to come debate. Kind of a "get all
your questions about mad cow answered" sort of thing. I'm thinking
people are confused enough and skeptical enough of the USDA line that
it might be able to draw some big turnouts.

What I need, though, is responsible people on the ground to
coordinate the talks--book the space, print fliers, get it in the
local papers, promote it, publicize, get the press involved--all
that. Now I may be able to put together some sort of press pack
everyone can use, so it would just be a matter of sending the
preprinted press releases around, following up, copying the
preprinted fliers.  Anyone you know locally have the time and
interest to help put something together like this?

I just want to keep this momentum going--the industry just wants this
to disappear, but I think we got to just keep hammering them.  Would
you mind asking around and seeing if you think it worthwhile for me
to come to your city.
-Michael
--
(206) 312-8640
mhg1 at cornell.edu
http://www.veganMD.org

Check out my new Maximize Nutrition DVD at :
	http://www.veganmd.org/dvd.html
Four of my most popular talks are now online (free) at:
	http://www.veganmd.org/talks/
To subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter send a blank email to:
  	mailto:drgregersnewsletter-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
HEART FAILURE: Diary of a Third Year Medical Student (Full text now
available free):
	http://www.upalumni.org/medschool
The thinker that most changed my life: Noam Chomsky
	http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/index.cfm
The single article that most changed my life:
	http://www.petersingerlinks.com/famine.htm
Please everyone donate money to Tribe of Heart
	http://www.tribeofheart.org/jointoh.htm