AR-News: (CO) PETA to give kids graphic pamphlets

Animalara2003 at aol.com Animalara2003 at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 16:13:40 EST 2003

Fur critic to stand outside 'Nutcracker'
By George Merritt
Denver Post Staff Writer

Special
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals plans to hand out this leaflet to
older kids whose parents are wearing fur. Children’s Hospital’s Dr. Jeffrey
Dolgan calls the idea "beyond insensitive."

The animal rights group PETA plans to hand out anti-fur fliers titled "Your
mommy kills animals" to Denver children outside performances of "The
Nutcracker."
"Kids will see the bloody truth behind their moms' pretentious pelts," the
website for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals explained. "Accompanied
by graphic photographs of skinned carcasses and animals languishing on fur
farms."
PETA spokeswoman Lisa Franzetta said Denver is among about 20 cities across
the country where the group plans to pass out leaflets to children whose
parents are wearing fur.

full story:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~1842582,00.html

My choice for fashion is compassion ... They need it more than we do."